RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THIS DRINK AND GOOD HEALTH
Health is wealth, prevention is better than medication. Not all foods are healthy, therefore it is advisable to choose your meals carefully. Some of the foods we consume are synthetic, and so, have adverse effect on our health. Eating healthy meals is like working and having fun at the same time. They are not only delicious/refreshing but are also therapeutic. An example of such food is Mint tea.
HOW TO MAKE MINT TEA
1. Roughly chopped Lemon grass stalk.
2. Roughly chopped Ginger (scraped)
3. Mint leaves
METHODS OF PREPARATION
1. Wash the chopped Lemon grass stalk, Mint leaves and chopped Ginger to remove dirt from them.
2. Transfer the washed Lemon grass, Mint leaves and Ginger to an air tight container and pour hot water (100 Degree centigrade) to the mixture in the container.
3. Cover the mixture in the container and leave for five minutes
4. Transfer the mixture in the container to a pot.
5. Place the pot on a stove and allow to boil for another 10 minutes.
6. Strain mixture to get rid of chaff.
7. Add sugar or honey to taste.
8. Serve hot, or cold.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF MINT TEA
1. May help prevent degeneration of joints in the body (Osteoarthritis).
2. Helps to lower blood sugar levels which in turn helps to reduce the risk of various diseases associated with type 2 diabetes patients.
3. May reduce menstrual pain in women when taken at the beginning of the menstrual cycle.
4. May help prevent cancer, because of the presence of gingerol in Ginger.
5. Helps to lower the levels of bad cholesterol which in turn helps to reduce the risk of heart disease.
6. Mint tea helps to improve brain function and prevent against Alzheimer’s disease because of the presence of antioxidants and bioactive compounds in Ginger, Mint leaves and Lemon grass.
7. May decrease pain during breastfeeding when applied to the skin of breastfeeding mothers experiencing sore and cracked nipples.
8. Used as a weight loss therapy.
9. Is used to get rid of bad breath.
10. May be used to treat oral infections and cavities because of it antimicrobial properties.
You must be logged in to post a comment.